Workshop: Beyond Self Direction
Led by world class expert in self-directed learning, Jenni Mahnaz, this workshop will help both children and parents get to grips with learning at home, remotely, without the need for minute-by-minute supervision and frequent tear-your-hair-out battles.
Humans learn when they are intrinsically motivated to. When the information we receive is relevant to our lives and comes from experiences we feel connected to, we retain the information. Facilitating self-direction in our children allows them to find their own intrinsic motivation to pursue knowledge and can turn even reluctant students into engaged learners.
In this workshop, we’ll cover:
- WHO can benefit from incorporating the principles of self direction into their home learning experience.
- WHAT exactly self-direction is and is not.
- WHERE self-direction happens.
- WHEN self direction happens and when to start.
- WHY self direction is so valuable.
- HOW to start incorporating self direction into your child’s learning experience today!
This workshop is for you if…
- You are really struggling to get your child to learn anything currently, whether at school, at home, remotely or anywhere.
- You’d like to help your child become more independent in their learning.
- You’d like to build confidence in your child (and your self) to trust their ability to learn without constant supervision.
- You want to make remote learning and their experience of lockdown less stressful.
Join The Next Live Workshop!
- This is a LIVE online workshop and lasts for around 2 hours.
- You’ll also receive a recording of the live workshop you attend.
- The maximum number of Workshop participants is 50.
- The fees to attend the LIVE workshop are $75 (c. £55).
Next Scheduled Workshop:
Saturday February 6th 2021 @ 12pm – 2pm Eastern / 5pm – 7pm UK
Secure Your Space:
Workshop Fee: $75 until Friday 15th Jan 2021, after which the fee will increase to $95.