Spanish 101 (5-9 Years Old)
At the end of each lesson I’ll provide you with an audio file of the vocabulary we’ve used so that the students can continue practicing before the next class. Parents will be asked to ensure you record your child’s progress and to record/send the audio file to me via our online classroom.
Week 1: Introductions and personal info/greetings – We’ll use a puppet as a fun icebreaker!
Vocabulary: Hola, adiós, nos vemos, me llamo, tengo 8 años, buenos dias, buenas tardes, buenas noches.
Week 2: Moods
Vocabulary: Estoy bien, estoy alegre, estoy muy bien, ¿Cómo estás?, ¿y tú? Plus the magic words: gracias, por nada.
Homework: Bring your favorite fruit or veggie to the next class. Look for its name in Spanish.
Week 3: Eating and foods – This week if you choose, we will play a video game (smartphone required) and feed a monster who has to be fed vocabulary.
Vocabulary: Kitchen appliances, fruits, vegetables, meat, abre el refrigerador, saca la papa, ponla en el plato, alimenta al monstruo.
Homework: Bring your country flag or draw it for the next class. Look for the translation of your country’s name.
Week 4: Where are you from? What do you like? – We will write a short post card to a friend or somebody else.
Vocabulary: ¿De dónde eres?, soy de México, el, la, los, las, a few nouns.
Homework: Think of your favorite cartoon or movie character and look up their names in Spanish if possible.
Week 5: Body parts – We’ll use your favorite cartoon character and describe it.
Vocabulary: cabeza, cabello, orejas, ojos, nariz, boca, brazos, manos, piernas, pies, grande, pequeño, largo, corto, feminine and maculine words.
Week 6: Household items – We learn nouns and adjectives, and how to describe things e.g. La mesa es bonita
Homework: Prepare to bring a little object in your favorite color for the next class
Week 7: Colors – We will practice vocabulary already learned to introduce colors e.g. La mesa es café y negra.
Week 8: Counting and money
Vocabulary: Numbers 1-10, ¿Cuánto cuesta? Cuesta 10 dólares
Week 9: Seasons & Weather
Vocabulary: Primavera, verano, otoño, invierno, ¿Cómo es el clima hoy? El clima es caluroso, frio, templado, lluvioso, nublado.
Week 10: Family members
Vocabulary: Papá, mamá, hermanos, hermanas, hermano, hermana, ¿Cómo se llama tu…?, se llama…
Homework: Think of your favorite animal and learn its name in Spanish for the next class
Week 11: Animals
Vocabulary: Animals names, ¿Cuál es tu animal favorito? Mi animal favorito es el/la, pelo, patas, cola, cuernos, alas, aletas, describing animals, el perro es negro, el perro tiene cola.
Week 12: “I have…”
Vocabulary: Yo tengo, un, unos, una, unas, describing things, yo tengo una mochila roja y grande.
- Course Start Date: Wednesday 13th January 2021@ 10am Pacific | 1pm Eastern | 6pm UK
- Course time: Wednesdays @ 10am Pacific | 1pm Eastern | 6pm UK
- Course Duration: 12 weeks.
- Class Duration: 30 minutes.
- Age range: 5-9 years.
- Class size: Maximum of 10 students.
- Fees: $100 per student for the 12-week course.
Before completing your payment for the course, please read and agree to our Terms of Service below:
1. Payment is payable in full to confirm your child’s attendance of the course. Course fees are non-refundable.
2. Attendance at each class will be online, on a private video call. Prompt attendance is required.
3. Please ensure your child is in a safe, private and quiet space to attend each class.
4. Siblings and additional students are not permitted to sit in on the classes.
5. If your teacher cannot attend a class, the course will be extended by one week. If the instructor misses more than 25% of the course, you will be offered a full refund or the option to attend the same course in the future.
6. If your child cannot attend a class, please provide as much notice as you can so the teacher is aware of non-attendance and does not delay the start of a class waiting for your attendance; wherever possible, we will provide a recording of the class for your personal use; no refunds will be given for any absences.
7. We are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights and all other rights used in the course and all content within the course and nothing in these Terms or otherwise shall operate to transfer the ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights of the course or the content of the course to you or to any other person.
8. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials contained in the course.
9. We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content of the course for the purposes for which it was provided only.
10. You may not without our prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings of any part of the course.
11. Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance of this agreement shall in all circumstances be limited to the price paid by you for the course.
12. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The course fees are $100 per student for the 12-week course.
8 in stock
Meet Your Teacher
I was born in Mexico and recently moved to the United States. I’ve been teaching Spanish online for the last 6 years and, from the very first moment, I knew I loved teaching and helping others.
When I was in high school I got a job tutoring a 10 year old kid, we eventually became friends and it was one of the best experiences of my life. In 2017 I started a project to help disadvantaged kids, teaching them English and music in my community. Nowadays, I still teach a good friend of mine who brings his young twins to join our Spanish classes online.
I love languages, making music and reading. In my free time I love singing songs in different languages with my wife, practicing sign language (still a beginner), drawing and camping.
My philosophy of teaching is that I prefer my students to see me as a friend more than a teacher. I believe that’s the key to learning.