Tween/Teen Mentoring 101
Join Hannah Miller (aka EdventureGirl) and a group of teens over the course of 12 weeks to dig deep into self-reflection, goal-building, and inspiration! This mentorship program encourages teens to dream big, to have the confidence to build life on their terms, and to develop the grit to achieve their goals. We’ll get to the root of who we are, where we’d like to be going, why it matters, and how to get there.
From self-reflection to doing hard things, we’ll focus on six core topics, with six base challenges to help us reflect and take action. Self-guided learning will be deeply encouraged – teens will get the most out of this course if they take time outside of our group learning hours to sit with themselves and take the projects to the next level.
Our first semester will largely focus inwards, on defining our goals, our values, and our relationships with ourselves and with our communities. In Semester 2, we’ll dive into actively taking our dreams to the streets, with resources, community connections, and more to help teens get entrepreneurial, focused, and creative!
Week 1-2: Diving into self-reflection
Let’s get started! We’ll begin with getting to know each other, but more importantly, we’ll start getting to know ourselves on a deeper level. This section is all about setting intentions, choosing values, and getting into the habit of creating a self-reflection practice. We’ll take on our first challenges together and design a course schedule based on our own personal learning styles. Bring your best to get the most out of the experience!
Week 3-4: How self-discovery can help you hack mental health
Have you ever felt any of the following?
- I’m not enough
- I don’t know where I’m going or if I’m on the right path
- What do my friends and family actually think of me?
- Am I ugly?
Hey, welcome to the club! As we self-reflect and understand our most essential goals and values, ugly inner thoughts can rear their heads. Sometimes it seems like no amount of self-love or “treat yo’self” mentality helps – but getting in tune with who you are, does. As a group, we will tackle some simple ways to start setting a track to redirect these thoughts and get empowered based on your personal interests and style.
Week 5-6: Who are you with family?
The people we spend the most time with have the most power to encourage, influence, or complicate our goals and dreams. Let’s talk about who we are with family, and why it matters. We’ll also get into hacking our family relationships for success in our personal lives and projects.
Week 7-8: Community-Minded Thinking 101
After family, friends and community are our next most important relationships and our biggest resource for making goals a reality! So how can we get the most out of our community? Let’s dive into giving, understanding our roles as a part of a bigger network, designing how we want to come across to others, and hacking some of the biggest anxieties and blocks that can get in the way. Plus, tap into some of the awesome advantages that can come from actively creating your own squad!
Week 9-10: Choosing Action Over Dreams – The Hack No One Tells Teens
We’re all told to dream big and to be ourselves – but let’s face it, teens run into roadblocks all the time. It’s one thing to dream and another to actually make a plan and crack it out, especially when the majority of adults don’t actually believe in your ability to do real things. This was something I personally struggled with massively as a teen. My original hack? Do the thing anyway, and just don’t mention your age. That’s how I ended up in a paid editorial position at 16. I’ve learned a thing or two since then. Let me pass it all on, and then let’s get cracking on YOUR top goal.
Week 11-12: Doing Hard Things
By this point, you’ve faced several challenges in the course of this semester. We’ve taken a deep dive into your personal values, beliefs, and presentation. Now we’re going to chat about the one thing most people sell us short on during the teen years – and the most important thing we can do as we connect with who we really are – doing hard things. Join me to explore why and how we should be challenging ourselves further, and how to keep healthy and grounded along the way.
Get ready for Semester 2, focusing on taking your goals with school, work, activism, and life to the streets!
- Start Date: Tuesday 12th January 2021 @ 9.30am Pacific | 12.30pm Eastern
- Class times: Tuesdays @ 9.30am Pacific | 12.30pm Eastern
- Class Duration: 1 hour
- Course Duration: 12 weeks
- Pricing: $360 for 12 weeks which includes:
- The scheduled weekly group call
- An optional 1-on-1 weekly check-ins via text/email/phone for your teen to share what they’re working on and receive more personal support with their projects in a more private space if they want it.
- Age range: Teens; though please note that this is more about maturity levels and interest than age so if you feel your tween is mature enough to engage on this level, they will be most welcome to join us.
- Class size: Maximum of 10.
Before completing your payment for mentoring, please read and agree to our Terms of Service below:
1. All course mentoring fees are payable in advance.
2. Refunds are permitted if you provide at least 1 week’s notice in advance of the start of the mentoring course.
3. Due to the nature of mentoring and the fact that success is dependent on a number of factors over which we have no control, we do not guarantee any particular results for participants.
4. We will endeavour to ensure that all information that we provide is accurate and up-to-date but we shall not be liable for any claims arising from such information being inaccurate or not up-to-date or otherwise.
5. We acknowledge that in the course of this mentoring we may have access to your teen’s (and family’s) confidential information and we agree not to (except in the proper course of our duties) use or disclose to any third party such confidential information. This restriction does not apply to:
- any use or disclosure authorised by you or required by law;
- any use or disclosure which we, in our absolute discretion, consider necessary or advisable in order to prevent illegal acts or harm to you or to others; or
- any information which is already in, or comes into, the public domain otherwise than through our unauthorised disclosure.
6. We are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights and all other rights used in the mentoring and all content within the mentoring and nothing in these Terms or otherwise shall operate to transfer the ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights of the mentoring or the content of the mentoring to you or to any other person.
7. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials contained in the mentoring.
8. We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content of the coaching for the purposes for which the mentoring was provided only.
9. You may not without our prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings of any part of the mentoring sessions.
10. Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance of this agreement shall in all circumstances be limited to the price paid by you for the mentoring.
11. If we are prevented from or delayed in performing our obligations by your act or omission or by any circumstance outside of our control, we shall not be liable to you for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by you that arise directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay.
12. We shall not be not liable for additional costs incurred by you as a result of changes in (i) the mentoring, (ii) any other content, (iii) the time and date of sessions or (iv) mentors.
13. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Secure Your Space
Complete your payment of $360 to secure your space on this course.
15 in stock
About Your Teacher
Hannah Miller is a third-generation worldschooler and education hacker who has been defying norms and forging her own path from early on. She is wildly passionate about travel, creative arts, and education, and intentionally works to encourage others to find innovative ways to make their dreams a reality.
Hannah started her first business (in cookie sales) at age 11 and by 16 had begun an online career in content management and design. By 19, her online business had grown to the point where she could sustainably live and travel anywhere in the world. As a teen, she traveled full-time in close quarters with her family of six, building real-world skills in communication, teamwork, self-reflection, and grit along the way.
She is forever a firm believer in teens’ ability to dream big, pursue their passions at any age, build community, and do hard things.