Karrie Heneman received an MA in Human Biology at Stanford in 1999 and a PhD in nutrition at UC Davis in 2004. Her doctoral work studied ways to increase fruit and vegetable consumption among low income women.
From 2004-2007, Karrie worked as a post-doctoral scholar at UC Davis for the Food Stamps Education Program. She implemented nutrition and garden programs at elementary schools and studied how they increased fruit and vegetable consumption among the students and families.
Karrie became research faculty at UC Davis in 2008 and taught and continued to conduct research until she became pregnant with her second child, John. She is currently a stay at home mom of four, who uses her nutrition training on a daily basis. In addition, she delivers nutrition lectures and privately counsels clients in the East Bay.
Learn With Karrie…
6 Week Healthy Eaters Course (Ages 9-12)
A 6-week class, designed to teach children a variety of basic nutrition facts in a fun and engaging way, to encourage them to become healthy eating adults.
6 weeks alternating between classes for parents and children:
- Week 1: Kids – explore red foods and why healthy eating habits are important life skills.
- Week 2: Kids – explore orange foods and learn about sugar in foods.
- Week 3: Kids explore yellow foods and learn about how protein gives us energy to grow.
- Week 4: Kids explore green foods and learn about different types of fat.
- Week 5: Kids explore blue and purple foods and learn about how fiber helps us stay healthy.
- Week 6: Kids explore white foods and how eating a variety of foods helps us to get the nutrients we need.
- When: Weekly on Friday 9.30am PST for 6 weeks.
- Course Start Date: 18th September 2020.
- Course Duration: 6 weeks.
- Age range: Approximately 9-12
- Class size: Maximum of 10 students.
- Fees: $100 per student for the 6-week course.
Before completing your payment for the course, please read and agree to our Terms of Service below:
1. Payment is payable in full to confirm your child’s attendance of the course. Course fees are non-refundable.
2. Attendance at each class will be online, on a private video call. Prompt attendance is required.
3. Please ensure your child is in a safe, private and quiet space to attend each class and has the necessary equipment to participate in each class.
4. Siblings and additional students are not permitted to sit in on the classes.
5. We are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights and all other rights used in the course and all content within the course and nothing in these Terms or otherwise shall operate to transfer the ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights of the course or the content of the course to you or to any other person.
6. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials contained in the course.
7. We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content of the course for the purposes for which it was provided only.
8. You may not without our prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings of any part of the course.
9. Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance of this agreement shall in all circumstances be limited to the price paid by you for the course.
10. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The course fees are $100 per student for the 6-week course.