Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a leadership team with a person of colour, a person with an indigenous heritage and three members of the LGBTQi+ community, we are building Beyond School as an organisation fully and wholly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is what we’re doing on that front, so far…
- Alongside our paid school, we offer an alternative to public/state school which is totally free for those who need it or on a ‘Pay What You Can’ basis for those who can contribute something.
- We offer opportunities for financially-privileged families to fund the provision of our free school and encourage a ‘pay it forward’ attitude in all our students.
- We maintain a dedicated Equity Fund to provide additional support services to less-privileged families.
- We consciously and actively seek to build a diverse and inclusive team.
Support Our Efforts
If you’d like to support our diversity, inclusion and equity efforts, you can do so in the following ways:
- Forward our free school to a family who may need support and a different approach to education but isn’t aware of any alternatives.
- Opt to add a small ( or large!) amount extra to your monthly school membership fees which will go straight into funding our teachers’ time offered over at the free school.
- Make a donation to our Equity Fund to help support our work with families who need it.
Donate to Our Equity Fund
To make a donation to Beyond School’s Equity Fund – which we will use to fund more of one-to-one support services for under-privileged families – click here to make a donation via PayPal (card payments also accepted).